Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2018

First review of my home brewed IPA ever - featuring DareQ from Beerstudio (berstudio.blog.pl)











As most of you have noticed, I have recently restarted my brewing activities. Going through my notices and historical recipes I have realized that one of my original beer actually got reviewed on a beer blog.

Amazing.

I started searching for the blog and the review, and have found that the blogging platform will be closed at the end of the January. Holly cow, this was the last moment to save it.

On top, I have contacted the author – DareQ and got his permission to re-use the text on the blog.

Last problem was that the original review was in Polish. After a few thoughts I have decided to let google translate to do the job and paste the text below WITHOUT any changes.

It is readable and translates the message of the author and then, nobody can tell that I have made the review better.

To put the reviewed beer in the context – the recipe for Pliny the Eldest was originally designed to be a heavy West Coast Imperial IPA in the style of Russian Rivers legendary Pliny the Elder. I really loved the effects and decided to work on it. I have made some fine-tuning and the beer have become – “Double Dare You”. No more a tribute, its separate entity now. You could enjoy the bottle and the label on my Instagram (@beerlander.blogspot)

Below you will find:

English translation
Screenshot from the blog

GOOGLE TRANSLATION

Today in "Beerstudio" in a sense, "special stage". It is rare that I never write about home beer to say nothing. Beers brewed by breweries have the advantage that they can be easier or harder to get from here, the review may encourage or discourage the purchase of a particular beer or be a contributor to polemics if someone has already done so and picked up the beer differently (and it certainly happens and I think that for completely normal). In the case of this beer, I decided to make an exception, because the history of how it hit me is also unique. Pliny the Eldest is a beer by Beerlander - a blogger whom I met during a beer trip to Amsterdam. One of the conference points was the so-called 'bottleshare session', in other words simple tasting of beers brought by participants. These were usually craft brewing beers, but among various inventions unearthed from the cellars of companions there were also 2 bottles of home-made specimen which can be described as borrowed from the world of music as tritune Beer of the legendary Pliny the Elder from Russian River. How to inspire, it's the best! The first bottle was spilled in a dozen or so of the most persistent participants on the 2nd day of the conference, while the second bottle, to my great joy, was given to me as a gift, for which I thank you very much! I mark out the original Pliny from above, I have not yet had the opportunity to try, that's why there will simply be no links to this inspiration in this tasting.

Beer from the beginning intrigue suspiciously with dark colors. The deep amber color and turbidity combined with the little abundant foam give it the appearance of strong tea and suggest that it may be a 'very imperial IPA'. The feeling did not disappoint! From the first nose very clear tropical notes. Very ripe papaya and mango fruits do the job here. The aroma is really solid, intense and powerful, slightly broken with an alcohol note, but in the end it's not just a nice peanut. The aged Pliny comes with a blow in taste. There is power! The beer is full, with lots of mango and tropical fruit. You can also feel caramel (maybe a bit too much) and the sweetness that breaks the most at the finish. While the smell of alcohol was a bit noticeable in the aroma, the beer is incredibly well-arranged and smooth in taste. For a beer with this power is a big plus. This element was able to support quite a long time before drinking - in the Netherlands I drank it fresh, at home after almost 3 months but it was still great. From a small mouthful in Amsterdam, I knew it would be my fairy tale and the effect did not diminish at all with the whole bottle.

And finally a real firecracker. I assumed that beer on this level is a specific experience and a minimum of a few dozen brews on the account. It turns out that it was one of the first attempts of self-brewing which, given the result, raises really great respect. If it was 3 batch, then the 30th may lack the scale. Thanks to Beerlander! Good luck and keep it up!

 




















































Bye Bye Pliny the Eldest, long live 

Double Dare You.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen